Thursday, January 12, 2012

ARTIST INSPIRATION

My most recent work and thoughts have been surrounded by the idea of place.
Having grown up in the same home and small town all my life there are places, buildings, and roads that are ingrained into both my past [memory] and the present as forms of these places still remain. These places that I have in mind border on an obsession as I have been trying to figure out both why places so strongly mean one thing or another to humans in general and why I am so infatuated with areas myself. I was influenced [more aesthetically than conceptually] by the Landscape imagery of Todd Hido and interior shots by Uta Barth. The three images I posted were shots of the grime, smudges, fingerprints, and water that accumulate on the one transparent plane that always separates one from one space to another. Those particles are always there but we always look through them, always look past. As I floundered with my thoughts and ideas I took a step back and simply began looking at these visual obstacles that we otherwise ignore.

http://www.toddhido.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment